Hey! Long time no chat. I kept telling myself I'd find the time to write a quick post but I just never got around to it. In fact, it's been so long that my url didn't even come up in the search bar when I typed it...
Anyway, I won't go on about how busy I am because this is just a crazy time of year for everyone. I thought I'd do a slightly different post today just for fun and as an easy way to show a little bit of my life at the moment.
Without further ado, I present Loving Lately, a compilation of cool things that are making me happy right now!
1. Pan granola is my new obsession. Granola that you can make on the stove. In any flavor. In 5 minutes. Quick and easy enough to throw together wildly on a pre-caffeine Monday morning before school. It's dangerous, I tell you.
2. Bananas. Oh, you already knew that.
3. This beautiful thing. I can FINALLY take smoothies on-the-go right in my jar without an awkward mess.
4. Yogi brand tea is my love, especially their Stomach Ease since I always always always seem to have a stomachache of some sort. It has fennel, licorice, peppermint and ginger, which are all really soothing. It's also delicious over ice with lemon. Plus, every bag has a cute little message on it.
5. Eggs. Not revolutionary but whoa. Definitely rediscovered my love.
6. These adorable stickers from Hobby Lobby, which, by the way, I can't say without using an overly-nasally craft-mom voice. Thought I would share that. Don't they just make you smile though?
7. Track is getting serious now and I've been trying to fuel better, but it's hard to put together a balanced dinner after a meet that lasts until 9-10 pm. So it was by a lucky coincidence and combination of leftovers in the fridge that I discovered my new favorite and kind of bizarre dinner. I call it...Big Bowl of Stuff. Yes, super creative, thank you. In a nutshell, it's half hot, half cold and totally adaptable to whatever you have at the moment, but mine usually involves one or two types of pasta (currently quinoa/corn spirals + red lentil pasta which is super-cool and deserves a post of its own) mixed with shredded carrots, peas, corn and tomato sauce. After mixing up the pasta and veggies, I toss a big handful of greens with a little olive oil and grainy dijon mustard (idk how i even thought of that but it's delicious) and throw the pasta mix on top of that. The whole thing is finished with a little avocado and some salt and pepper. Super-random, super-amazing, super-good fuel. Don't knock it till you try it!
8. Flowers + Succulents. Because it's spring and I'm plant-deprived and they're so purrrrrdy.
9. Emily of This Rawsome Vegan Life is a total kindred spirit and channels an incredible vibe that is irresistible. Plus she can eat like 10 mangoes in one sitting and makes vegan cheesecake that is off-the-chain. I might have a slight girl-crush on her. It's all good.
10. And finally, the article that I found in my magazine today. Listen up people!
So that's a little bit of what's going on in my life! I'm open to feedback if you have it. Do you like this kind of post? What kinds of recipes would you like to see? Should I post about running? Let me know what you want! Summer is this close and I have tons of fun and exciting plans. I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. but bear with me! See ya later!
P.S. This is adorable and I love it, so you're welcome.