Halloween is just around the corner and I'm looking for a challenge from you! In the comments, tell me your favorite halloween candy. Whatever candy gets the most votes, I will do a recipe in the theme of that candy to post on Halloween!
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
Serves: 2-3 small servings
For the granola:
- 1/4 cup nuts; chopped (any kind works, but I used half almonds, half pecans)
- 2 teaspoons raw pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons raw oats
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon milled flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the yogurt:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- sweetener of choice to taste
Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment.
Combine the dry ingredients for the granola, then add the maple syrup and vanilla and mix to coat. Spread the granola mixture on the baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. (The granola will become crisp as it cools.)
Meanwhile mix all of the yogurt ingredients together and distribute into individual serving dishes.
To serve, top the yogurt with the granola. If desired, add toppings. (sliced banana, dried fruit, etc.)